Sunday, July 14, 2013

I love Science.

I have written before about the amazing things that vinegar and baking soda can do.  Well today the dynamic duo struck again.  I have a large roast pan that is nasty.  So today while doing other normal dishes, the thought to try the duo on the roast pan popped into my head.  So here is what the pan looked like before I began... Yuck!
*I am only grossing you out with this photo for educational purposes.*

I rinsed it out and sprinkled baking soda on the sides and on the bottom.

I just happened by lucky coincidence to have an empty spray bottle rolling around in the kitchen, so in went the vinegar.  (Like my stack of clean dishes back there?)

I sprayed the vinegar all over the pan.  I probably got a little carried away because, of course, it makes bubbles and its FUN!  I let it set for a while, spraying it again whenever I happened to be in the kitchen (cause it will keep bubbling).
One Harry Potter movie later:  I used hot water (the hotter the better cause its greasy) and a scrubby pad to scrub off all the ick.  The sides are the hardest part though since they don't get to sit in the paste the duo makes, but with a bit of elbow grease on my part, this was my result:

TA-DA!

Please, no applause.
Obviously there are still some sticky looking spots on the sides and over on the right, but WOW major improvement!  I will probably hit it with another spot specific treatment tomorrow.  I bet this will work on my icky baked on gunk cookie sheet too... hmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment